Combine the ultimate sweet and spicy flavors in this unique salsa recipe for another perfect way to incorporate Hatch Chiles into your summer meal plan. This sweet and spicy recipe makes 5 to 6 cups and is perfect as an appetizer with tortilla chips for entertaining, or try it on top of a grilled chicken taco for a mouthwatering meal.
- 1 cup diced strawberry papaya or red papaya
- 1 cup diced mango
- 1 cup diced pineapple
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1 Hatch Chile, roasted, peeled, stemmed, seeded, and chopped
- 1/2 bunch fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 jicama, peeled and diced
- Freshly squeezed juice of 2 valencia oranges
- Freshly squeezed juice of 6 key limes
- Salt and black pepper
Not sure how to pick, roast and prep your Hatch Chile peppers? Click here for step-by-step instructions.
- In a large bowl, combine the papaya, mango, pineapple, onions, chiles, cilantro, jicama, and citrus juices.
- Stir gently to combine and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Chill before serving, up to 24 hours.
Recipe inspired by Melissa’s Hatch Chile Cookbook
THIS DELICIOUSLY SWEET & SPICY SALSA PAIRS GREAT WITH OUR FRESH DELI TORTILLA CHIPS.
Looking to learn more about Hatch Chiles? We have everything you need to know about summer's favorite pepper including more recipes, can't miss products and tips on how to hack Hatch Chile season.
Shop online for your ingredients or plan a trip to your local Market Street.